Table of Contents
In certain cases, either due to a bad .htaccess file setup or due to some deliberately taken measures, a page may end up with two or more redirects. It is strongly recommended to avoid such redirect chains longer than 2 redirects since they may be the reason for multiple issues:
- There is a high risk that a page will not be indexed as Google bots do not follow more than 5 redirects.
- Too many redirects will slow down your page speed. Every new redirect may add up to several seconds to the page load time.
- High bounce rate: users may not stay on a page that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
How to resolve it: #
Check all pages with a Long redirection chain and
- Remove unnecessary pages from the chain and
- Link directly to the destination page.
For more info, refer to the audit findings shared by RankChutney Team.